If you’ve ever had ink overflow while refilling it in your pen, you know it can be a disaster. Pen ink never seems to come out of clothes or carpets. When you accidentally put a pen together with your clothes in the dryer, you’ll need to act quickly to get ink pen out of a dryer. Can a pen ruin a dryer? Yes, and that is why you should clean up the ink as soon as possible. Removing ink from the dryer is something that most people think can only be done with harsh chemicals, but it might be easier than you think. Here are a dozen ways to clean pen ink out of a dryer.
1. Warm or Heat Your Dryer’s Drum
If you start to heat your dryer, the ink will be melted and more likely to come out of the dryer. Turn the heat up and let the dryer get warm. After running the dryer on high-temperature settings for around 20 minutes, you can wipe off the inside with a wet rag. You can also use a soapy cloth to wipe off the ink, and then wash the cloth in warm water.
- EFFECTIVE CLEANING: Take these cleaning cloths in perfect size(11.5"X 11.5")to clean your worktop, kitchen, window or even your car or other delicate surfaces. With just water or cleaner, then you get streak-free and neat results.
- LINT FREE& SCRTACH FREE: Made of 85% Polyester, 15% Nylon, these cleaning rags are soft to the touch and lint-free. And it will not scratch or damage any finishes. Just clean it at your will.
- REUSABLE&DURABLE: Can be used repeatedly hundreds of times. With reinforced edges, these cleaning towels won't be broken easily, so do your part for the environment and don’t use paper towels anymore.
- VERSATILE &EASY TO BE WASHED: Not only for the general clean task, but also for car exteriors or interiors, electronics, eyeglasses, screens, and more. After that, Just rinse them or throw them into your washing machine as it is totally safe.
- GIFT OPTION& WORRY-FREE SERVICE: Take them for your kitchen, or a gift for your loved ones.No more dirty or blot remained. And we would refund you fully once you are dissatisfied with it.
2. Use Soap and Water
If you don’t have the time to warm up your dryer, you can use a damp cloth or sponge to get rid of the ink. Use household soap, and scrub the ink that is inside your dryer. You can also try using laundry detergent or liquid dish soap to clean ink from your dryer. Always unplug the appliance before starting to clean it to avoid electric shocks when using soap and water.
- Contains 3x more grease-cleaning power (cleaning ingredients per drop vs. The leading competitor's non-concentrated brand)
- Concentrated formula helps you get through more dishes with less dishwashing liquid
- Original Scent. 50% Less Scrubbing
- Dawn Ultra Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap Refill, Original. Usage instructions-Do not add bleach. Not for use in dishwashers
3. Use Rubbing Alcohol
One of the easiest ways to get rid of that pesky pen ink is rubbing alcohol. Spray the inside of your dryer with alcohol, and let it sit for about 15 minutes to loosen up the ink. Then, wipe it off. Be careful to use rubbing alcohol only long enough to do the job as it may also remove some of your dryer’s paint.
- Twelve 16-fluid ounce bottles of first aid antiseptic
- Contains 70% ethyl alcohol
- Acetone concentration of 5.358% w/w
- For treatment of minor cuts, scrapes and burns
- For external use only
4. Use Vinegar
You can use a cheap household cleaning solution if you don’t have any actual cleaning fluids at home. Just tilt your dryer upside down and pour white vinegar into the stained area. The vinegar will eat away the ink and make it easier to remove. After it dries up, take a spatula or spoon, and scrape away the ink inside the dryer.
5. Use Bleach
Although bleach is usually used to clean your clothes, you can also use it to clean pen ink from your dryer. The bleach will be able to break down the reactive chemicals in ink and, thus, get rid of the ink in your dryer. Pour about two teaspoons of bleach into your dryer, and let it sit for about 10 minutes or until the bleach is dissolved. After that, wipe off the dryer with a clean cloth.
6. Use an Adhesive Remover Spray
One of the most popular ways to clean pen ink is to use adhesive remover spray. You can find an adhesive remover in a home improvement store, or you can buy an adhesive remover that is specially formulated for cleaning pen ink. Apply the adhesive remover spray on a cloth or sponge and wipe off the pen ink inside your dryer. Repeat the procedure, and complete it by cleaning the dryer with soapy water.
- Blend of non-abrasive solvents quickly dissolves adhesive residue
- Safe for use on nearly all cured automotive paint
- Wipe-on, wipe-off formula is ready to use with no mixing
- Ideal for removing bumper stickers – includes instructions
- Can also be used for removing surface contaminants during body repair
7. Use Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is another chemical that can safely remove pen ink from your dryer. Use a sponge or cloth, pour the peroxide on it, and then wipe to get rid of the pen ink. Scrub lightly for about 30 minutes if the dryer has dried ink.
- Size 32-fluid ounce bottles of first aid antiseptic
- First aid to help prevent risk of infection from minor cuts, scrapes and burns
- Active ingredient: 3% hydrogen peroxide (stabilized)
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- Paraben and Phthalate Free
8. Use an Industrial Absorbent
Another way to clean pen ink out of the dryer is to use an industrial absorbent formulated to remove ink from clothing. Before buying the industrial absorbent, you should know what ink was used on your pen. You have to know whether it’s India ink or ballpoint pen ink; otherwise, the industrial absorbent will not be able to get rid of the pen stains.
- MORE EFFECTIVE, MORE VALUE: These giant 15" x 10" cloths are designed to scrub and absorb, meaning you need less wipes to clean the same mess. If you need more than one wipe for a mess you need to move on to Crocodile Cloth
- DON'T JUST CLEAN. ATTACK: Designed to dissolve and absorb grease, oil, paint, ink, caulk, glue, and automotive messes in real work environments. Our wipes stay moist longer and feature a super tough heavy-duty build
- HAND SAFE: Our wipes are dermatologically tested and infused with aloe and vitamin E to be safe for hands while eating through grease and oil. Every disposable cloth will stay wet outside the package for over an hour.
- MULTIPURPOSE QUICK ACTION: We use a unique low-foaming degreaser formula that's safe for nearly any surface. Great for plastic, vinyl, metal, wood, leather, gym equipment, carpets, bamboo, fabrics, and more.
- NO MORE WIMPY WIPES: These oversized cloth wipes aren't just tough on messes, they're incredibly strong. Crocodile Cloth is designed to be over 4x more effective than the standard wipe. Each package includes 100 alcohol free wipes.
9. Use Acetone
Many professionals use acetone to remove ink from clothing. In most cases, acetone can remove ink from the dryer. It will be able to dissolve the ink as it evaporates, which makes it easier to clean out. However, check with your dryer’s manufacturer, as some dryers are incompatible with acetone.
- Removes all nail polish quickly & efficiently
- Professional strength
- 1 bottle = 16 ounce
- Made in the United States
10. Buy a Dryer Cleaner
If you can’t clean pen ink by yourself, you should go to your local store and buy a dryer cleaner or cleaner formulated for cleaning pen ink. This will be the most expensive way to remove the ink, but it will guarantee that all traces of the pen ink can be removed from your dryer.
- NEW LOOK, SAME FORMULA. Cleans and Polish. As a bleach-free product, this cleanser is an ideal stainless steel cleaner and can easily remove rust, tarnish, mineral deposits, and tough stains from most surfaces.
11. Clean the Paddles
Just like the clothes inside your dryer, the paddles are also hard to clean. You can use a cleaning spray to remove ink from the paddles. This is an easier way to clean pen ink off of hard surfaces than trying to scrub it with soap and water or a solvent.
12. Remove Ink With a Magic Eraser
If you have tried everything you can think of and nothing worked, you can try using a Magic Eraser. The only thing you’re going to have to do is wet the magic eraser and then rub it on the surface of your dryer until all of the ink has been removed. If you don’t have a Magic Eraser, you can also use quicklime or lime powder for this step. Lime powder can dissolve the ink without damaging your dryer’s paint job.
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Durable scrubber is 4X Stronger* with DURAFOAM. *Cleaning performance vs. the leading all-purpose bleach spray
- This cleaning scrubber is tough on dirt, all around the house! Surface cleaner, wall cleaner, bathtub cleaner, oven door cleaner, erases marks on light switches, doors & much more!
- The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser provides a powerful clean with water alone
- No Harsh chemicals added
- Magic Erasers are also available in Bath, Kitchen, and Original form
As you can see, there are many different methods that you can use to clean pen ink out of your dryer. Before using industrial absorbents, it’s wise to try household materials such as bleach, vinegar, soap, and water. If all else fails, you should try using a dryer cleaner as this will guarantee that all ink is gone from your dryer, and your clothes will be safe inside.