When running your washing machine, you may hear several noises: the heavy vibrations of the drum, the sound of water rushing through, and a gurgling noise as it drains. Most of these sounds are normal for washing machines, but there are a few things you should check for if you hear them. Some of these sounds could mean that something has gone wrong with your machine and need to be looked at by a professional before it’s too late.
Is your LG washing machine making noise when draining? Here’s what it could be.
The Drain Pump Has a Foreign Object in It
If you hear a rattling or knocking sound coming from your LG washer when it’s draining, the first thing you should do is check the drain pump. Foreign objects like coins and buttons can get stuck in the drain pump, causing a clanking noise. Other foreign objects that may block the drain pump include pens and other items you forgot in your pockets, like receipts or other papers. The drain pump can’t get rid of all of the objects that are blocking the drain. When it drains, they cause clanking noises from your LG washer.
To remove these objects, contact an expert to come and disassemble the pump and get to the unneeded debris. They may employ the use of special tools to remove the objects. Removing these items yourself is not recommended since it may cause more damage.
A Clogged Drain Pump Filter
Another thing that can cause noise from your LG washer is a clogged drain filter. The filters infested with hair and other objects can greatly damage the pump. Usually, the filter will become clogged when the water gets too dirty.
To remove the filter, you may need to contact an expert to do it for you. They have the tools needed to remove the clog easily and without damaging your machine’s other components. They will clean the filter or replace it with a brand new one if necessary.
- [PARTS NUMBER 383EER2001A]: Drain pump filter lg 383EER2001A traps lint and debris from drain wate,This filter protects your pump from blockages
- [SCOPE OF APPLICATION]: lg 383EER2001A, PS3522306,Works with most top name brands,if your Range is not listed above, please send us a message so we may help you obtain the correct part
- [FIX SYMPTOMS]:Will not drain, leaking water, overflowing, not washing properly
- [Easy Diy Install:]This is a very simple fix and easy to do yourself,It only takes about 10-20 minutes(Unplug the washer before installing this part. Wear work gloves to protect your hands）
- [SOLVE PROBLEMS QUICKLY]:We have an excellent service team and you can contact us if you have any questions.
A Damaged Drain Pump Impeller
If your LG washer is making noise when it’s draining, there could be a problem with the drain pump impeller. This part of the pump has been known to snap off while in use. If this happens, the impeller will spin at high speeds that could cause damage to the drain pump and casing.
To replace this part, you may need to contact an expert to help you disassemble your machine and put it back together properly for a proper fit. Do not try to disassemble your washing machine by yourself if you are not an expert. It’s risky and could cause further damage to the other parts of your washer.
- This LG Drain Pump Assembly is a genuine OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) part manufactured to exact specifications
- Replacement LG brand Washing Machine Drain Pump Assembly removes water from the washer during the drain portion of the cycle
- LG 4681EA2001T Washing Machine Drain Pump Assembly has approximate measurements of L: 8" x W: 5" x H: 5"
- High quality LG OEM 4681EA2001T Washing Machine Drain Pump Assembly is manufactured with premium materials for durability and exact fit, be sure to follow instructions in owners manual when installing this part
- Life's Good when choosing Genuine LG OEM Factory parts for your LG appliances
A Damaged Drain Supply Hose
The drain supply hose is responsible for pulling the water out of the washing machine when it’s draining. If it clogs or gets damaged, it won’t be able to do its job properly and will make noise as it moves around.
- Manufacturer Model #5214FR3188K
- Genuine Replacement Part
- LG Item
- Fits with various LG brand models
- Refer to you manual to ensure ordering the correct, compatible part
Other Related Washing Machine Noises
Your washing machine may make some unusual noises when it is spinning that could affect draining. Here are some causes of noises when the machine is spinning.
Damaged or Dirty Pulleys
Your LG washer may be making a clanking noise from nearby pulleys. The pulleys are used to spin the drum and the hose in and out of the machine. If these pulleys get damaged or dirty, they could easily make noise as they spin. These pulleys are usually located inside the washing machine, but they can also be under the front of the machine.
- 𝟑𝟔𝟓 𝑫𝑨𝒀𝑺 𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙍𝘼𝙉𝙏𝙔--- 𝑺𝑼𝑷𝑷𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑺 𝟑𝟔𝟓 𝑫𝑨𝒀𝑺 𝑹𝑬𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑵 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑬𝑿𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑬. Beaquicy attaches great importance to the shopping experience of each customer. Customer satisfaction is our tireless pursuit.
- ★【𝘿𝙍𝙔𝙀𝙍 𝙍𝙀𝙋𝘼𝙄𝙍 𝙆𝙄𝙏 𝙋𝘼𝘾𝙆𝘼𝙂𝙀 𝙄𝙉𝘾𝙇𝙐𝘿𝙀𝙎】--- The Upgraded Dryer Repair Kit includes ►4 x 4581el2002c dryer drum roller, are used to hold the drum in place while rotating on the support roller. ►1 x 4561el3002a Idler pulley, the part installs between the motor and the drum. It keeps tension on the belt so that the belt turns and the drum spins, and consists of an idler arm and idler pulley with 1 spring. ►1x 4400el2001a dryer belt, and the size is 0.25"width, 92"length.
- ★【𝙐𝙋𝙂𝙍𝘼𝘿𝙀 𝘿𝙍𝙔𝙀𝙍 𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙎 𝙁𝙊𝙍 𝙆𝙀𝙉𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙀】--- The 4581EL2002C Dryer Drum Roller overall structure design is made of high-quality rubber, updated bearing technology, make thedrum rotate more stable, keeps quiet environment and no odor. ►4561EL3002A Dryer Idler Pulley using dual bearing technology to provide long-lasting belt tension and enduring less motor wear. ►4400EL2001F Drive Belt tooth rubber with pliable and double thickness, make the movement smooth and noiseless.
- ★【𝙈𝘼𝘿𝙀 𝙁𝙊𝙍 𝙋𝙀𝙍𝙁𝙀𝘾𝙏 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙋𝘼𝙏𝙄𝘽𝙄𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙔】--- 4581EL2002C Drum Roller Kit compatible with most LG and Kenmore clothes dryer model, such as DLE7300VE/00, DLEX7800WE, DLEX7880WE/00, DLGX3901B, DLG3601W/00, DLEX4200W/00, WKE100HVA, WKE100HWA, 79574113711, 79580318900, 79661412310, 79661412410, 79661422410, 79661423410, 79661433710, etc. Please DOUBLE check before ordering. (𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙙𝙚𝙡𝙨, 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠 𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝟳).
- ★【𝙋𝙀𝙍𝙁𝙍𝘾𝙏 𝙎𝙊𝙇𝙐𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉 𝙏𝙊 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙋𝙍𝙊𝘽𝙇𝙀𝙈】--- LG dryer repair kit can help you solve the FOLLOWING PROBLEMS of your dryer: ①Will not tumble ②Will not start ③Unusual noises ④Too long to dry. The dryer has very noisy sound when one or more of the rollers may be worn. The rollers should be replaced in sets either both front or both rear. NOTE after using the product for a period of time,if the drum support roller product noise,please add a little lubricant.
Faulty Transmission Gear
The transmission gear is one of the most important parts of your washing machine that could cause a clunking or knocking sound. The gear is responsible for moving the drive shaft in and out of the washing machine. If it gets stuck on something inside your LG washer, it’ll make a loud knocking noise as it’s spinning around. This noise is normal when washing, but you should check if any foreign objects could be causing this noise.
- 【Perfect Replacement】This is a 5 rib, 21-7/16" long drive belt for GE, Hotpoint top load washing machines (Fits Models: GTW, HTW And More) and replace part numbers: AP6037512, 4585709, PS11767488, WH01X24697. (Note: A new belt will be slightly smaller than the drive pulley.)
- 【Widely Applicable】Belt fits for major brands and hundreds of models: GTW220ACK1WW,GTW220ACK2WW,GTW220ACK3WW, GTW330ASK0WW,GTW330ASK1WW,GTW330ASK2WW,GTW460AMJ1WW, GTW460AMJ3WW,GTW460AMJ4WW,GTW460ASJ1WW, GTW460ASJ3WW,GTW460ASJ4WW,GTW460ASJ5WW,GTW460ASJ6WW,GTW460ASJ7WW,HTW200ASK0WW,HTW200ASK1WW,HTW200ASK2WW,HTW240ASK0WS,HTW240ASK1WS,HTW240ASK2WS, etc.
- 【Premium Quality】Made of durable, high-quality rubber and well-tested by the manufacturer to ensure the best performance for your washer. Fixes the following symptoms: Pumps but will not spin | Noisy | Will not agitate | Burning smell.
- 【Save Time & Money】Avoid the hassle and expense of a service call. Easily install the part YOURSELF and quickly get your washer back to work within few minutes.
- 【Buy With Confidence】If there is anything you are not satisfied, please feel free to contact us, and we will offer you a replacement or full refund. High-quality products and service is our priority.
Unbalanced Laundry Load
One thing that can cause a loud noise from your LG washer is unbalanced laundry. An unbalanced load causes your washing machine to strain in order to move all of the different types of clothing around. This strain can make noise as it moves the clothes around.
Washing Machine Not Leveled
If your LG washer is not level, you may hear a rattling noise from the drum when it’s spinning around. This can cause vibration throughout your machine, causing it to make noise. If your washer is not leveled properly, the drum could come out of place and move around while it’s spinning, causing damage to your washing machine, which will cause noise as well.
Plenty of different things can cause your LG washer to make noise when it’s draining. You’ll need to contact an expert to fix these issues and reduce the noise. These experts will be able to come in and diagnose the problem, repair any damage, and make sure your washer works correctly again.
- MULTIPLE ANGLES & MEASUREMENTS: 180 ˚ rotating vial
- ACCURACY: Level accuracy of 1 mm/M
- EASE OF USE: 360 ˚ vials set directly into frame never need adjustment
- DURABILITY: Heavy-duty aluminum I-beam construction provides rigidity and accuracy