When running your washing machine, you may hear several noises: the heavy vibrations of the drum, the sound of water rushing through, and a gurgling noise as it drains. Most of these sounds are normal for washing machines, but there are a few things you should check for if you hear them. Some of these sounds could mean that something has gone wrong with your machine and need to be looked at by a professional before it’s too late.
Is your LG washing machine making noise when draining? Here’s what it could be.
Table of Contents
The Drain Pump Has a Foreign Object in It
If you hear a rattling or knocking sound coming from your LG washer when it’s draining, the first thing you should do is check the drain pump. Foreign objects like coins and buttons can get stuck in the drain pump, causing a clanking noise. Other foreign objects that may block the drain pump include pens and other items you forgot in your pockets, like receipts or other papers. The drain pump can’t get rid of all of the objects that are blocking the drain. When it drains, they cause clanking noises from your LG washer.
To remove these objects, contact an expert to come and disassemble the pump and get to the unneeded debris. They may employ the use of special tools to remove the objects. Removing these items yourself is not recommended since it may cause more damage.
A Clogged Drain Pump Filter
Another thing that can cause noise from your LG washer is a clogged drain filter. The filters infested with hair and other objects can greatly damage the pump. Usually, the filter will become clogged when the water gets too dirty.
To remove the filter, you may need to contact an expert to do it for you. They have the tools needed to remove the clog easily and without damaging your machine’s other components. They will clean the filter or replace it with a brand new one if necessary.
- This LG Drain Pump Filter is a genuine OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) part manufactured to exact specifications
- Replacement LG brand Washing Machine Drain Pump Filter traps lint and debris from drain water
- LG 383EER2001A Washing Machine Drain Pump Filter is also called the Filter and Trap Assembly
- High quality LG OEM 383EER2001A Washing Machine Drain Pump Filter is manufactured with premium materials for durability and exact fit, be sure to follow instructions in owners manual when installing this part
- Life's Good when choosing Genuine LG OEM Factory parts for your LG appliances
A Damaged Drain Pump Impeller
If your LG washer is making noise when it’s draining, there could be a problem with the drain pump impeller. This part of the pump has been known to snap off while in use. If this happens, the impeller will spin at high speeds that could cause damage to the drain pump and casing.
To replace this part, you may need to contact an expert to help you disassemble your machine and put it back together properly for a proper fit. Do not try to disassemble your washing machine by yourself if you are not an expert. It’s risky and could cause further damage to the other parts of your washer.
- This LG Drain Pump Assembly is a genuine OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) part manufactured to exact specifications
- Replacement LG brand Washing Machine Drain Pump Assembly removes water from the washer during the drain portion of the cycle
- LG 4681EA2001T Washing Machine Drain Pump Assembly has approximate measurements of L: 8" x W: 5" x H: 5"
- High quality LG OEM 4681EA2001T Washing Machine Drain Pump Assembly is manufactured with premium materials for durability and exact fit, be sure to follow instructions in owners manual when installing this part
- Life's Good when choosing Genuine LG OEM Factory parts for your LG appliances
A Damaged Drain Supply Hose
The drain supply hose is responsible for pulling the water out of the washing machine when it’s draining. If it clogs or gets damaged, it won’t be able to do its job properly and will make noise as it moves around.
- Manufacturer Model #5215ER2002W
- Genuine Replacement Part
- LG Item
- Fits with various LG brand models
- Refer to you manual to ensure ordering the correct, compatible part
Other Related Washing Machine Noises
Your washing machine may make some unusual noises when it is spinning that could affect draining. Here are some causes of noises when the machine is spinning.
Damaged or Dirty Pulleys
Your LG washer may be making a clanking noise from nearby pulleys. The pulleys are used to spin the drum and the hose in and out of the machine. If these pulleys get damaged or dirty, they could easily make noise as they spin. These pulleys are usually located inside the washing machine, but they can also be under the front of the machine.
- LG Electronics part number 4933DD3001B
- 6026050 Dishwasher Hinge Cable Tension Cord
- Connector assembly, door hinge to spring
- For use of some LG Electronics models
- Refer to your manual to ensure ordering the correct, compatible part
Faulty Transmission Gear
The transmission gear is one of the most important parts of your washing machine that could cause a clunking or knocking sound. The gear is responsible for moving the drive shaft in and out of the washing machine. If it gets stuck on something inside your LG washer, it’ll make a loud knocking noise as it’s spinning around. This noise is normal when washing, but you should check if any foreign objects could be causing this noise.
- ✅ PART NUMBER: 6501KW2002A Washer Rotor Position Sensor Assembly, OEM。⚠️ We are the original, quality and design are far superior to non-OEM. non-original color is white, very thin and does not match, to avoid this trouble please identify carefully.
- ✅ SPECIFICATION: 1 x 6501kw2002A Washing Machine Rotor Position Sensor. This is a replacement sensor assembly for your washer. It may also be known as a motor rotor position sensor. If your washer pumps but will not spin or agitate,Commonly gives a "LE" (locked rotor) error when this part fails. you may have a damaged sensor assembly
- ✅ PREMIUM QUALITY: The replacement part is made from durable high-quality material and well-tested by the manufacturer - Meets OEM standards - Ensure long-lasting and effective performance. This part fixes the following symptoms: Pumps but will not spin | Will not agitate | Will not start
- ✅ COMPATIBLE WITH: [L.G] - F1264FD, F1264FD8, F1264FD8, F1267FDX, F1267FDY, F1271FD, 29272, 29278, 29472, 29478, 31522, 31523, 40272, 40318, 40441, 40448, 40512, 40518, 41022, 41028, etc. [Ken.more] - 796.28862700, 796.28869700, 796.29872700, 796.29877700, 796.31522210, 79629002000, 79629002010, 79629272000, 79629272010, 79629272900, 79629278000, 79629278010, etc
- ✅ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: We’re confident in the design and quality of this. For any reason you're not completely satisfied, you can ask for a replacement or full refund in 1 Year If you are not sure whether this replacement part correctly fit your appliance, please feel free to contact us or ask a question through Amazon
Unbalanced Laundry Load
One thing that can cause a loud noise from your LG washer is unbalanced laundry. An unbalanced load causes your washing machine to strain in order to move all of the different types of clothing around. This strain can make noise as it moves the clothes around.
Washing Machine Not Leveled
If your LG washer is not level, you may hear a rattling noise from the drum when it’s spinning around. This can cause vibration throughout your machine, causing it to make noise. If your washer is not leveled properly, the drum could come out of place and move around while it’s spinning, causing damage to your washing machine, which will cause noise as well.
Plenty of different things can cause your LG washer to make noise when it’s draining. You’ll need to contact an expert to fix these issues and reduce the noise. These experts will be able to come in and diagnose the problem, repair any damage, and make sure your washer works correctly again.
- High accuracy 9-inch spirit level for easy leveling
- Torpedo level with 3 separate vials for easy leveling: horizontal, vertical, and 45 degrees (1.0mm/m accuracy)
- 3 easy-to-read vials made of durable supremely transparent acrylic glass with smooth inner contours and bright fluorescent liquid inside; Integrated ruler provides measuring marks in both metric and imperial scale
- Magnetic edge for convenient, hands-free use — great when working with steel materials
- Lightweight yet durable ABS and aluminum frame; TPR coating for added strength; hole for convenient hanging and carrying